This cylinder will dispense a little over 60 liters of stout or nitro coffee.
Stout and nitro coffee requires high pressures (such as 2-3bar) so the product can push through the perforated disk that is inside our nitro spouts like this. These elevated pressures require nitrogen because if CO2 was used at this high pressure the CO2 would absorb into solution and overcarbonate your beverage (if it’s stored cold). As a result nitrogen is necessary.
Nitrogen doesn’t dissolve into solution like CO2. Even at elevated pressures only small amount of nitrogen will dissolve into solution. It doesn’t form the weak hydrogen bond with the liquid like CO2 and for that reason, it does not dissolve into water-based beverages easily like CO2.
Cylinder Type: 3 Piece Welded Cro-Molly Alloy
Cylinder Volume: 2.2L
KL15868 – Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator – Pin Actuator / Piercer
KL32087 – Nitrogen Adaptor for Mini Core 360 Adaptor (Suitable for 2.2L KL N2 Cylinders) (G1/2 Male x M10 Female)
KL02158 – Regulator for Nitrogen – M10 Thread (nitrogen, argon, co2)
Directions for use
This bottle is compatible with our Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator with an adaptor for 2.2L Nitrogen Cylinders.
1. Remove the protection cap from the valve.
2. Screw the adaptor for Nitrogen Cylinders (G1/2″ x M10 Female) into the Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator. Note: You may need to remove the reducing bush for gas bulbs from the Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator.
3. Connect the cylinder valve onto the regulator. It is recommended that you use a spanner to hold the neck of your Nitrogen cylinder while attaching and detaching the Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator. Do not overtighten your cylinder into the regulator.
4. Screw the thumbscrew on the Mini 360 Core Actuator Regulator in to depress the valve on the Nitrogen Cylinder.
5. Set the outlet flow/pressure on the regulator. Please note to turn off the gas you must remove the regulator from the cylinder.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are removing the regulator at any point you MUST use a spanner to hold the brass neck of the cylinder. Failure to do so could cause the strong adhesive glue to crack and the cylinder detaches from the fitting.
6. Perform a leak test on your system.
To avoid the chance of leaks and returning to an empty bottle, please triple-check every connection point on your system or disconnect your gas cylinder between uses.
Please note this item cannot be sent with Australia Post.