LalBrew® Belle Saison is a Belgian-style ale yeast selected specifically for its ability to create Saison-style beers. Belle Saison is a diastaticus strain that allows the brewers to achieve the high attenuation characteristic of this classic style. Designed for warm-temperature fermentation true to traditional “Farmhouse” production methods, beers brewed with LalBrew® Belle Saison are fruity, spicy and refreshing.
For best practices when using Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strains please download our “best practices” diastaticus document under the Technical Data Sheet section.
Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is traditional of Saisons with citrus and pepper notes.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C(59°F) to 35°C(95°F)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strains are capable of utilizing some types of dextrins. Extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross-contamination with other brews.
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.